I-75 from I-696 to North of 13 Mile Road Flyover – November 2023
In the latest flyover, you get a great view of I-75 between I-696 and 13 Mile Road now that the major roadway reconstruction is complete. In this video, you can see the I-75/I-696 interchange with the newly built braided ramps, the new Gardenia Avenue movement to Stephenson Highway, and the reopened 12 Mile Road diverging diamond interchange.
In addition, you get a peek at the newly opened high-occupancy vehicle (HOV) lanes that start just north of 12 Mile Road. Also shown are the overhead signs, the thicker lane markings, and the diamond pavement markings.
HOV lanes fast facts:
- HOV lanes hours of operation are Monday – Friday, 6 - 9 a.m. and 3 - 6 p.m.
- Vehicles with two or more people may use the HOV lanes during hours of operation.
- All vehicles regardless of the number of occupants can use the HOV lanes during off-peak operations.
- Motorcycles, buses, and emergency response vehicles can use the HOV lanes at any time.
- HOV lanes were built from 12 Mile Road to South Boulevard and an additional general purpose travel lane was built from M-102 (8 Mile Road) to 12 Mile Road.
Learn more about the HOV lanes and the I-75 Modernization Project on the project website http://modernize75.com/